Friday, April 30, 2010

Keeping the Gold in Canada!

Hey guys!

I just got back from my trip to Ranchstyle and I didn't come back empty handed. Last year was my first time to Ranchstyle and I ended up taking first place. This year I trained hard all spring and was ready to defend my title. There was bigger range of competition this year and I like to call them my bro's. Eric Lawrenuk and Graham Agassiz made there first Ranchstyle appearance with a bang!

In practice saturday I had everything down to a patent. It was last light when I following Mike Metzger (Transition) down the course for another chill session. As we went of the 30 footer a gust of wind blew me awkward in my position as I was popping off the bike. I through the bike underneath me and said goodbye to the landing and hello flat bottom! I was NOT stoked! With bruising my heels last year during the competition I wanted to prove more this year being healthy, but now that was ruined!


I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to ride in the comp the next day, my foot was all the colors of the rainbow and fairly swollen. Instead of worrying about it, I just sat back with my foot elevated on ice all night and hoped for the best.

When morning came around I was feeling great! My foot had tons of flexibility and strength, I knew I was going to be able to compete today! Showed up at the Ranch, hit the step up a few times to get loose and then I headed to slope practice and did a few runs. I felt awesome!!!

After watching the amateurs compete it was our turn. The jam format was set at an hour and a half duration. I started of mellow then when I was warmed up, I started throwing down! I practice having lots of variety with the course and by that I mean being able to trick each line with multiple variations. Best decision I had ever made as it lead me to take first place again!


Bring home the title once again this year and it feels good to defend and win!

-Casey Groves


No comments: