Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Micro parts! And a MTBcut happy ending!

Geek alert!!

Grab your Archie Comic and run away if you don’t like viewing anything tech related!

We just bought a fancy microscope to aid us in machining some complex parts for a client. It is like being a kid all over again putting everything within sight under the lens, a spec of dirt on the floor now becomes a mystical journey!

MTBCUT SAMPLE2 007

MTBCUT SAMPLE2 010

I used a paper clip for size reference, and paired the shots from above then closer up.

MTBCUT SAMPLE4 009 MTBCUT SAMPLE4 010 MTBCUT SAMPLE4 006 MTBCUT SAMPLE4 007

MTBCUT SAMPLE4 004 MTBCUT SAMPLE4 005

 

If I wasn’t known for talking out of my ass so much I would try to pass this next one off as my last vacation snorkeling but it is just a piece of material I found on the floor. It looks like it’s a glob of nickel.

MTBCUT SAMPLE2 028

In a few weeks we should have it hooked up to a TV so we can show items a bit better and more clear, the camera lens doesn’t like peering down the scope.

And again I am the worst guy ever to talk tech, so this video is very light and i bet 80 percent all wrong in everyway anyways!

 

Now lets un-dorkify and watch Stu over at MTBcut.tv hang out by himself with a camera!

No comments: